25 Jun How did I trade today? 20210625
Summary: Work on yourself as well as on your edge
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Did 4 days
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 1
- A traded higher, B a Bearish Hammer, C extended above but closed as a possible consolidation. Possible low initiative activity sustained day up although with supply right there I do not want to risk it.
- Watching paint dry.
- A accepted value, B pulled back to VAH but not entirely to trigger my Sell Limit Order.
- Took a Paper trade off an M5 formation at the beginning of F TPO to try out a possible 2nd DTTZ Extended Frankie Fakeout reversal. Did not take a real trade due to no clear reversal on M15 or M30. They show a continuation down actually although value has been rotated through.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I got anxious even without being in a trade. I tried clearing my head and succeeded for the most part. Even so I did well to stay objective in reading the market narratives.
What did I learn today?
I learned that by following my own process I can work on my own edge. Trading is very personal and should be respected as such. No one can take a trade for you. It is you and your own process.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Stay calm. Listen to yourself. A trade lost is a trade lost. There is always the opportunity to get better. Entries…. Exits…. They are just stats I gather to further develop my edge.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Worry…. All the stats I’ve gathered thus far show me I have an edge. I just need time to let the odds play out in my favor.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did well today.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: