28 Jun How did I trade today? 20210628
Summary: Stay Objective, Visualize and Act
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Fair Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 2
- M15 Bull ENgulf formed at VAH with nearby demand at the end of D TPO so went long
- Long 15591.70 SL 15556.20 TP 15627.27 (1R)
- Scratched the trade when M15 failed to close above LTF demand and instead formed a weak bear engulf. Combined with M5 Bear Engulf at M5 VWAP in DT.
- The trading idea turned out to be wrong as I had used the wrong TPO sizing and based on that there was an acceptance of value earlier. Gladly I scratched the trade due to PA analysis.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well today. Got jumpy a little bit but started lifting weights and I was okay.
What did I learn today?
Going through OODA loops and visualizing what I wanted to see is how I managed to scratch the trade before incurring a ‑1R loss. I hadn’t see the acceptance of value due to TPO sizing but I got that covered now.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Keep taking trades to further solidify the knowledge that is there and see the gaps where it might be failing. This helps me to progress.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Worry about any one trade. I have to stay focused and take probabilistic trades that over time will favor the odds.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did well today.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: