06 Jul How did I trade today? 20210706
Summary: Execute on good trading ideas
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Worked out today, weights and cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Fair Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 1
- IB traded higher. C extended down and tried a short on IB extension.
- Short 1804.340, SL 1808.340, TP 1796.340
- C closed below IB after which D made LLs but closed as a Bullish Inside Bar within IB failing auction and I took off the trade manually for 0.4R.
- Exhausted ADR down during IB, B closed below VAL, with wide IB there might just be responsive activity in the cards for today.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well for the most part. When price went against me I stayed calm and took my exit on the dot.
What did I learn today?
I learned that preferably the mean reversion should happen in the first two hours otherwise there might be a failed auction as we had today in Gold.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Take educated trades. Go through OODA loops. Act according to PA close.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Worry about any outcome of one trade. Win or lose it’s just one trade.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did well today. Good to take the trade although SL could have been better which I will review extensively tomorrow.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: