07 Jul How did I trade today? 20210707
Summary: Stay objective. Visualize and act.
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 1
- Did not trade. There was a Failed Auction but did not like the profit target and M30 VWAP just below.
- IB traded higher with A closing above VAH. Price traded above VAH but did not break IB. M15 Bear Engulf close below M30/M15 QHi
- Trying a short 15618.10 SL 15658.10 TP 15579.53 (1R)
- Waited for a transition to M30 Bear Engulf closing within value. This did not come so I closed the trade manually for ‑0.3R expecting a price to hold higher for now.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well here… I had an objective outlook on what it is that I was trying and acted on it. I stayed calm and went through OODA loops.
What did I learn today?
That I can take an objective chance on an opportunity and stay calm.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Visualize what you want to see. Bail if that doesn’t happen.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
I did well today.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
Yes I did
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: