15 Jul How did I trade today? 20210715
Summary: Can’t always get perfect PA
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
BAD Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 3
- IB traversed down and C extended a few prints below before closing as an Inside Bar within IB. I was expecting a more bullish PA and did not act on this. Took a paper trade instead for a Failed Auction setup. Would have been one nice play. I’ll review more tomorrow.
- IBR traversed 0.78xASR. C extended a few prints below IB and closed as a big bullish engulfing. Although due to the bearish sentiment coming from a possible unidirectional day this FA could be negated. A move in the same direction can be found from looking for a weakness from within IBR. I will post a playbook forward-test review on this in full detail tomorrow.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well. I visualized what I wanted to see and when that didn’t happen I let it go. In hindsight I could have gone for it due to the good bullish narrative. I will review more on this tomorrow. Otherwise I felt nothing much even when seeing the trade go without me.
What did I learn today?
That I am yet again getting more aligned with the market but need to work on my execution.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Keep coming up with solid Hypos. These help me navigate the landscape and take the guesswork out of it.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Worry about making mistakes. If there narrative is good then we don’t always get perfect PA to back it up. We can still take it.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did okay today.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: