16 Jul How did I trade today? 20210716
Summary: Trust yourself
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- I worked out twice this week due to having appointments on Monday and Tuesday. Normally I am doing well with this.
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- Did well
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
- Did well here
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 1
- B formed a bull engulf, C extended above. Can’t go in off the break of IB due to VAL being so close.
- IB traded higher but still within value. Looking for an extension to the upside with consequent pullback to within IBR. Although due to the not so wide IBR there could be a sustained auction and I’d miss the opportunity. That’s okay. Otherwise a possible late-sustained auction entry off pullback to IB high.
- I was considering to go long after D had closed above IB and E pulled back testing IB high for a late-sustained auction entry but I hesitated due to price being within value. So letting the trade go.
- Good thing I let the trade go. What happened was E failed auction but did not act on it either which I will review tomorrow. The reason I let it go was that it wasn’t part of my hypos.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well today.
What did I learn today?
I reaffirmed that a sustained auction from within value needs to coincide with a close outside of value.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Trust my skills. Even though the market seems it is making a move I can take advantage of. As traders we take trades based of high probability. That is the only way our work is sustainable.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
I think I did well today
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
Yes I did.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: