21 Jul How did I trade today? 20210721
Summary: Watch price action at a level before making a decision
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Fair Trade sizing or SL placement
BAD Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 3
- A closed as a Bear Engulf. C extended below IB and closed as a big bullish inside bar technically failing auction.
- D continued and closed lower below IB as a DBD
- A closed as a possible consolidation.B closed as a bull engulf. C extended above.
- I went long: 15308.90, SL 15267.90, TP 15369.54
- Took 0.7R at the close of M15 because of the M15 supply overhead and almost hitting ASR. Could have let it go longer. I will review this in more detail tomorrow.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well today for the most part. Although, got a little jumpy and walked away for a bit and came back a few minutes later. This helped.
What did I learn today?
I learned that hitting a level isn’t enough for an exit signal. Instead use any reaction of said level to warrant a potential early exit.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Don’t be afraid to take trades. I am doing well with this. Not taking trades left and right for the sake of taking trades but picking my trades. More than not they are good trading ideas.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Worry about getting wins. It’s the R multiples that matter.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did fairly okay today.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: