22 Jul How did I trade today? 20210722
Summary: Sitting on your hands is a great quality for traders
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 1
- IB traded higher, B closed as a Bull Engulf. C extended above IB. Choosing not to go long due to D1 QHi (as well as M30 QHi) right above and trading within D1 supply. Although the trend is up and there is a possibility for a sustained auction.
- BoE speech caused price to drop and form a Bear Engulf closing below IB forming a Neutral Day.
- No plays for today.
- IB traded higher following FF and Asia. Although price is trading at D1 QHi and yesterday exceeded ADR so don’t want to be buying the top.
- C closed higher but with no IB extension.
- Like watching paint dry
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well today
What did I learn today?
That the market doesn’t always wanna give opportunities. Which is okay.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Stay patient and only trade when an opportunity arises according to my plan.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
I did well today
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did well today.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: