13 Aug How did I trade today? 20210813
Summary: Make an educated decision and stick with it. Trade or no trade.
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 1
- IB traversed higher 0.39xASR followed by an extension in C and D took it higher testing the round number of 16000
- M30 RBR forming a Selling tail in E that F and G have failed to take out. M15 Bear Engulf could signal an auction fade here although single prints are intact.
- I considered an Auction Fade short as per hypo 2. Price had started taking out single prints in D but only 1 print. And G had closed as a Bear Engulf. Decided against it as was pointed out that fading the auction on equities can be tricky especially on a Friday.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well here
What did I learn today?
That it might not be the best to fade the auction on equities, especially on Fridays.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Did a lot of work today with no trades which is okay. Learned a lot. Great to listen to my own voice and follow it. Visualize what I want to see and then act accordingly. If by chance there was an opportunity missed that is okay as I can take it into my post-market review.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
I think I did well today regardless of not having been able to join the auction. I learned a lot and am growing more confident in going against my natural phobia in buying the ‘top’. All evidence pointed towards a possible sustained auction and I could have joined it on the break of IB. If not then I could have joined off the M5 consolidation with break higher.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I think I did well.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: