20 Aug How did I trade today? 20210820
Summary: All good things take time. So take your time.
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Fair Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 2
- A accepted value, B formed an Inside Bar
- C tested IB low and formed a M5 Bullish Inside Bar. I got to my desk slightly too late and waited for a pullback to get an entry but couldn’t get it. Price traded higher from there on.
- Price transitioned into a M15 Bull Engulf and again I waited for a pullback to newly formed demand to get an entry but it didn’t come. Otherwise SL would have been too wide.
- Since there was a developing H4 DBD during F TPO there was an opportunity short to which I will include details of in my missed trade / forward-testing review tomorrow.
- I had to leave to go house shopping so didn’t finish up my report at the normal time.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well here
What did I learn today?
I reaffirmed that I can read price action well… also that I might like DAX more than other assets…. Like a lot more…. I have had some thoughts to maybe solely focus on DAX as it offers lots of opportunities. I don’t need to be trading lots of assets to make money. One thing holding me back is that it is summer time still. Normally DAX is quite the crazy bunny so will need to see how I adjust to the speed of price action when summer is over. So to be continued.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Doubt my price action reading. Although… I’ve been taking trades more and more so I do think when I hesitate now it is more out of not having experience the setup quite often enough to be confident in it… but this is something I need to keep track of and nip it in the butt if it gets out of control.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Worry about making mistakes. I need to trust more my ability of being able to be in flow with the market. Countless times I have been but then again… at times I have not been… which is okay but I feel it is getting more than not although I’m not entirely there yet of course. I need to work on my scaling so I can get a better R‑multiple otherwise it’s just a lot of work for not much result. Progress, not perfection my friend. If you’re out there reading this now that it doesn’t all come at once… it needs time. Lots of time and experience. But it will come.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did okay today
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: