07 Sep How did I trade today? 20210907
Summary: D1 narrative trumps open sentiment
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Trading rules
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No early exits, either hit SL or 2R target
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Clarity — in tune with price
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 1
- IB extended down in C and I am looking for a potential late-sustained auction entry through a sell limit order below IB at 1817.
- Took the sell limit order off as E has made a Poor Low and no attempt to break high of D TPO.
- Price continued lower the sustained auction and I considered an entry off M5 in line with a potential M30 DBD but I decided against it and to record it for my forward-testing notes.
- C extended below IB probing value almost rotating through value but then closed within IB.
- Used a M15 Supply zone for an early entry expecting a sustained auction down in line with a possible retracement of yesterday’s move.
- Short 15908.28, SL 15925.82 (tighter sl at 1750 pips), TP 15873.14 (2R)
- D closed as a possible base within IB. M15 Bearish Inside Bar
- Price hit 1.9R and I almost took it off but letting my stop get hit is the exercise so that is what I will do.
- Price hit 2R
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well today. The exercise is helping me manage my emotions as well. It’s simple. Either hit 1R loss or hit 2R profit. Nothing in between.
VAA, Sustained Auction Down, preferred late-sustained auction entry
I did well today. I decided the D1 narrative trumped waiting for an acceptance of value to go short. SO I got in early at a M15 supply for a better entry.
What did I learn today?
I reaffirmed that I can read the narrative and execute on my hypo.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Execute on taking trades and let exit rules play out so that I can collect data on if my trades are actually worth taking without any optimization.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Worry about the outcome.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did well today.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: