01 Mar How did I trade today? 20220301
Posted at 12:06h in Gold Trade Review, Next Day Analysis 0 Comments
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Trading rules
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No early exits, either hit SL or target
1–3 (3 being good)
3 Pre-market routines
1 Session PECS
3 Clarity — in tune with price
DAX — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- Value got accepted and rotated through extending IB down
- D closed as an Inside Bar and E proceeded to make LL
- Looking like a sustained auction which was to be expected after the rotation
Gold — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- IB extended up and C closed above VAH
- Entered long on a pullback to VAH
- D made a HH but M15 did not close confidently at its high so took the trade off at 0.4R
- Grasshoppered. Even though I did wait for the M15 candle close. Price eventually formed a M15 Bear Engulf which would’ve scratched the trade (-0.1R). But then price extended higher forming a M30 RBR eventually hitting 2R.
Did I take advantage of any opportunities?
- I did not on the initial extension down as M30 had not closed within Value during B. During C M15 did close within value and saw a rotation and extension further exhausting ASR.
- Price saw a quick pullback during 2nd DTTZ but as I was in call I did not act on it. F TPO close would not have yielded much of a return.
- C TPO closed above and I went long on a pullback during D TPO. I cut the trade too soon and even though I waited for a M15 close before closing the trade I did not have a good exit signal. Trade eventually went to 2R. I will review this tomorrow.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: