02 Mar How did I trade today? 20220302
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Trading rules
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No early exits, either hit SL or target
1–3 (3 being good)
2 Pre-market routines
2 Session PECS
3 Clarity — in tune with price
DAX — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- Price extended IB to the upside during D TPO and sustained the auction
Gold — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- C TPO extended below IB and entered short on a pullback to IB low
- When price dove deeper into IB I cut half of previous position and entered another short to get a better entry price. I made a mistake to go in with a full position so I need to cut that in half as well.
- Trade hit target 1.2R. Will review tomorrow.
Did I take advantage of any opportunities?
- Due to the open sentiment and relative distance to the value edge I did not take a sustained auction trade off break of IB during D TPO
- When D TPO extended below I waited for a pullback and entered short. I did fumbled with the sizing after I decided to half the position and add for a better entry when price pulled back deeper.
- Trade hit target.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: