15 Mar How did I trade today? 20220315
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Trading rules
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No early exits, either hit SL or target
1–3 (3 being good)
3 Pre-market routines
1 Session PECS
1 Clarity — in tune with price
DAX — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- M30 DBD extended slightly down in C but closing within IBR
- D made a LL. I expected some pushback first to get a better entry price but it seems I might have missed the trade. I was also thinking that I have seen before a similar move failing to sustain the auction. Let’s see what prints
- Price is slowly taking out the gap from Monday open
- D closed lower, then E closed as an inside bar (hammer) potential for continuation
- F retraced to IB Low and M15 closed within, could be a 2nd DTTZ quick opportunistic move before a possible sustained auction
- I tried to go long when M15 tested newly formed demand but FX synergy gave me an error message ”Invalid Price” so I did not get in. Annoyed. Gonna sit the rest of the session out as I also seem to lack clarity in the unfolding narrative.
Gold — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- C extended slightly below IBR but then closed higher as a consolidation
- Consolidation continued
- F tried to duck below but closed within IBR again
Did I take advantage of any opportunities?
- I let the extension to the downside go as I was doubting the trade. In hindsight I was proven right.
- When I tried to go long FX synergy stopped me from entering on a trade.
- There was no good opportunity in Gold
- Although when Dax popped higher I looked to perhaps go short on Gold but it had moved away from entry already.
- No trades today. Which is okay.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: