12 Apr How did I trade today? 20220412
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Trading rules
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No early exits, either hit SL or target
1–3 (3 being good)
3 Pre-market routines
1 Session PECS
3 Clarity — in tune with price
DAX — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- C TPO closed above IBR, waited for a pullback to IB high with M30 supply and M30 VWAP in the way but it didn’t entirely come and pushed higher in D
- Sustained Auction continued in H TPO
- Session trading window closed as a H4 Bull Engulf rejecting H4/D1 QLo
Gold — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- C ducked below IB but closed as an Inside Bar within IBR. With DAX shooting higherI decided to go short as per hypo 3 expecting a M30 DBD. Being within Value is not a pro.
- Gold turned around in E TPO and F TPO failed the auction but I did not act on it as I was busy cooking.
- Session trading window closed as a weak Bear Engulf with longer buying wick
Did I take advantage of any opportunities?
- Missed long trade as per hypo 1
- Short trade as per hypo 2
- DAX seems to be reversing so I took the Gold trade off for 0.9R
Things I did well:
- Waiting to see what I wanted to see before getting engaged
- Then when I missed the opportunity, taking the opposite trade on Gold even though that wasn’t the best of ideas. Will review tomorrow.
Things I need to keep working on:
- I should’ve just when in on DAX and not be a dick for a tick. I noted that I wasn’t the sharpest and still am not so I’m not gonna beat myself up over it. Still got some profit out of Gold. #NEXT
- I did not let the Gold trade go on and took it off early. It was the right call but still. That means I should’ve been waiting for the long instead going short. Will review.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: