13 Apr How did I trade today? 20220413
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Trading rules
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No early exits, either hit SL or target
1–3 (3 being good)
3 Pre-market routines
1 Session PECS
3 Clarity — in tune with price
DAX — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- C extended above but closed within IB
- D closed above IB
- E failed the auction and F extended to the opposite side
- G formed an Inside Bar, H showed a 3‑I Day Auction Fade
Gold — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- C extended and closed above IB as well as Asia
- Went in Long as per Hypo 1on a pullback during D TPO
- Looks like a possible low initiative sustained auction, E made a HH
- HH till H but then H closed as a Bear Engulf and a possible auction fade in process. Did not act on this due being late into the session and the strong UT as well as Supply got taken out.
Did I take advantage of any opportunities?
- Missed the failed auction play as per Hypo 1
- Let the Auction Fade trade go as per Hypo 3 due to not much of a profit target to IB low even on short SL
- If I had done a 2500 SL it would still not give me 1.2R till IB low. Although price dug deeper into IB which would’ve hit 1.2R
- Will review tomorrow
- Long as per Hypo 1
- Target hit 1.2R
Things I did well:
- Gold: Trading into H4 QHi and old H4 supply based on the strong UT and D1 narrative
Things I need to keep working on:
- I need to push myself to take a 2nd trade when I see it. Will review this tomorrow.
- Sure, I am not as sharp lately, and today I especially felt off, but this will be my next goal.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: