27 Sep 20210927 Missed Trade Gold
Posted at 14:12h in Missed Trades, Sustained Auction, Value Acceptance 0 Comments
Play: Sustained Auction
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #tradingreview #priceaction #chartreview #Gold #XAUUSD #missedtrade
These are trades I could have taken but for some reason I did not. This could be due to me not paying attention or simply not feeling like trading. This is usually the case when I am not in the right state of mind due to lack of sleep, personal issues, etc.
- Open Sentiment
- Open 0.07xASR Above Value, Within Range, Moderate Imbalance,
- Value Acceptance to Sustained Auction Down
- Sustained Auction Down
- Proposed Entry Technique
- Break of IB, although due to the value acceptance being so deep an entry at re-test of value edge would’ve been better but this never came
- I tried a sell limit order after C TPO had extended below but my order got missed by 2–3 pips (even though I had put sell limit order lower than usual)
- SL Placement
- I used a 30 pip SL even though the standard was 40 pips. The more I am writing this review the more I am thinking it might not have been a missed trade after all. I believe the leading narrative was the Developing H4 Three Inside Down with the value acceptance as a ‘OODA loop criteria’ to monitor for confirmation.
- TPO period for Entry
- C TPO
- Trade Duration
- Within one hour 2R target would’ve been hit
- Leading Narrative
- Developing H4 Three Inside Down
- Value Acceptance followed by a rotation through value indicating a possibility for a sustained auction
- Reason for missing the trade
- I was late to get to my desk after being caught up at work.
- Target hit?
- Yes, 2R
- Time-based Exit?
- Overlap Noise?
- End of Day?
- Highest R multiple?
- Target hit?
- Good that I didn’t chase the market
- Good that I tried to find an entry that fit my risk criteria and when I couldn’t that I let it go
- I guess I could’ve been at my desk earlier but sometimes life gets in the way which is no biggy
TAGS: Above Value, Within Range, Moderate Imbalance,
After the deep value acceptance there was no test of value edge before the conitnuation
Premarket prep on the day