19 Jul How did I trade today? 20210719
Summary: Take chances on observations
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 1
- IB traded down following FF. B closed as a Bull Engulf. C extended below IB but closed within IB as a Bear Engulf.
- Price extended to the other side and eventually accepted value and continued higher rotating through value hittin ASR. Possible reversal in overlap noise. Although with newly formed H4 c‑dem there is no clean way for an auction fade to IB high.
- IB traded down 1.06xASR. D closed as an Inverted Hammer, I was considering an entry off a weakness from within IBR as Asia had traded down, IB as well, plus ADR got exhausted. I decided against it due to the gap down at the open.
- D extended below IB taking out D1 demand.
- M15 Bull Engulf during 2nd DTTZ with nearby demand and I ventured a long.
- Long 15254.90, SL 15224.90, TP 15314.69
- Took a quick 0.4R at the close of F.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well here
What did I learn today?
I learned that even with a gap down (large imbalance) there could be a continuation in DAX. Especially with D1/W1 bearish narrative.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Take chances on observations and stick to the plan.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
I think I did well today
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
Yeah, I did.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: