10 Aug How did I trade today? 20210810
Summary: Know when you’re lacking focus
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Fair Session PECS
BAD Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 3
- IB traded above value but did not extend IB. Instead there was a M15 Three Outside Down and continuation down. Transition to M30 Three Outside Down.
- There was some consolidation at VAH with no close within value. Missed the trade as per hypo 2 due to not being at my desk. I’ll review the trade tomorrow.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I was lacking focus a bit. Still haven’t fully recovered.
What did I learn today?
If price fails to close within value it is a further indication of price wanting to bounce from said value. Of course if it fits the overall narrative.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Be patient and keep coming back to ‘play’
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Worry about getting trades in
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I could have been more focused. I’ve been a bit out of it. I slept a lot last night but I still feel a bit off. If I was focused I could have noticed the PA around value edge and perhaps even taken the trade. But I would have at least have stalked the trade and if I then would have taken it or not is another matter. But I didn’t even notice the trade fully even though it was Hypo 2. I did notice me being off so perhaps unconsciously I was telling myself to take it easy.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: