12 Aug How did I trade today? 20210812
Summary: Trust your premarket prep and gut
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Good Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 1
- IB traversed 0.26xASR and C closed leaving a long buying wick. M15 Bull Engulf.
- I hesitated going in on the M15 Bull Engulf as it wasn’t the strongest. Waited for a few minutes to see if price moved higher then on a pullback I went in long:
- Long 15842.90, SL 15817.90, TP 15880.45
- Price gapped up probably due to liquidity issues and when price hit M15 supply I decided to take 1R.
- Price moved higher and would have hit 2R
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well here. Nothing much to mention.
What did I learn today?
That a lack of liquidity can cause gaps intrasession.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Trust my premarket prep and my gut when it says to take a trade.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Take profits too soon. Although being in DD plus summertime trading it wasn’t the worst thing.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did well.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: