19 Aug How did I trade today? 20210819
Summary: Take what you can. Learn from the rest.
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
Fair Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
Good Risk Adjusted Returns
Yes Daily review
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 2
- Price traversed 0.86xASR during IB and extended during C closing well below IB.
- Since I missed the break of IB (came home late) I decided to wait for a late-sustained auction entry at a pullback to IB low but decided a pullback all the way back might be a bad sign as C had already extended a considerable amount.
- When D closed as an Inside Bar, M15 Bullish Inside Bar to a Hammer. I actually considered going short again but didn’t as it is not a setup I would normally take. I figured with no buying tail made price would want to make a LL before any reversal so the sentiment was still very much short. I took note of it and will review it tomorrow. That trade would have been at 1.5R right now. Eventually went to 2+R.
- I am waiting for a possible Auction Fade Long, perhaps at 2nd DTTZ.
- The auction fade came and I missed the best entry. This was while E was still developing. In anticipation of a potential reversal in F there was a M5 reversal (that transitioned into a M15 Inside Bar that was possibly going to transition to a M15 THree outside Up) that I could’ve used for entry which I will elaborate on in my trade review tomorrow.
- I went long after the M15 Three Outside Up closed and there was a consolidation on M5. Using standard SL sizing (this was the only way due to current market conditions).
- Long 15688.11, SL 15663.64, TP 15737.05
- When price started taking out single prints in C I took profit at 2 pips below IB low at 1R. Mind you that my profile TPO sizing was altered to fit my screen so this wasn’t actually 2 pips below IB but it is okay.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I kinda lost my temper as I had missed the short trade, then missed the initial long opportunity, then my mouse started acting up and my windows were minimizing by themselves (I use ‘mouse without border’ to control mouse and keyboard over two PCs and I had encountered this ‘glitch’ once before but usually it works. It added to the annoyance immensely.
FX synergy decided to only put on a half position as well but I think in my annoyance that might have been a human error ie. all on me. I walked away and am okay about it. Good that I was in-tune with the market. Not too happy about leaving money on the table but hey… I fucking ‘called it’. Next time my friend. Next time.
What did I learn today?
I learned that I fucking know shit. I KNOW SHIT. About trading at least. Not much about other things but trading is something that I know shit about. Now my confidence, guts, balls need to catch up with what I know I know.
This will all come in good time my friend. All in good time. Keep coming back day in day out and you’ll nail it. Have such a great day. Do everything right. Go long. Go short. Go long again. No biggy. Will be a great fucking day. A day that no one will ever know about as this is one lonely endeavour 🙂 but one that you have to, no need to do if it calls you…. It beckons you… Alright enough with the novel writing over here 🙂
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Keep coming back and get in tune with the market. Let the market lead the dance. Just hop on its toes and follow the swing.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Worry about taking trades. I fuck up I fuck up. That’s okay. Learn, and on to the next.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
Mwehh… Good I got that one trade in but I could have had 3 maybe even 4 trades in total…. What the fuck… still considering… I did well
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: