25 Aug How did I trade today? 20210825
Summary: Keep coming back
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #grasshoppersanonymous #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Min. 3 times working out at home + mandatory cardio
- Trading rules
- M15/M30 entries and exits at 1st DTTZ, M5 entries and exits at 2nd DTTZ
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No social media / messenger apps / phone calls allowed during the trading window
Good Pre-market routines
Good Session PECS
FAIR Trade selection
Good Trade sizing or SL placement
Good Trade Execution & Mgmt.
BAD Risk Adjusted Returns
NO Clarity — in tune with price
Muppet Meter (1 being best — 5 being worst): 3
- Asia and FF traded higher so did IB so the likelihood for a move lower becomes more likely. Perhaps a move down first according to Hypo 3 then a Hypo2 Auction Fade Long.
- C accepted value and closed below IB.
- E closed lower and value got rotated through although price is slowing down at newly formed H4 demand
- Buying tail in F developing, M5 bullish inside bar transition to Three Outside Up
- Long 15891.20, SL 15876.20, TP 15921.20
- Waiting for a transition to M15 Bullish Inside Bar or perhaps even a Bull Engulf
- This didn’t come quite. Almost a bullish inside bar but it is more an inside bar with longer selling wick. I am giving it another M15 to see if it turns into a Three Outside Up.
- This didn’t come instead a base was formed so decided to wait another M15.
- My stop got taken out ‑1R.
How well did I manage my physical, emotional and cognitive states?
I did well here.
I think my clarity was off as I fell I was a bit stuck to my bias for a reversal. Nonetheless, I took a chance and it didn’t work. More on this in my review tomorrow.
What did I learn today?
I learned that if the profit target is subpar the whole setup is subpar.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do more often?
Take chances. Make mistakes. Learn.
What’s one (or more) thing(s) I need to do less often?
Care about any one trade. Which I did fine with actually. I did not care. Which is good.
Under the circumstances, did I perform at my best?
I did okay today. Reaffirmed some rules again. On to the next.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: