07 Mar How did I trade today? 20220307
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Trading rules
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No early exits, either hit SL or 2R target
1–3 (3 being good)
3 Pre-market routines
1 Session PECS
2 Clarity — in tune with price
DAX — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- B formed a Bull Engulf and C extended above IB but closed within IBR
- M15 Bearish Inside Bar closing within IBR but with new M30 Bull Engulf I did not want to go short as per hypo 1
- D pulled back to newly formed M30 demand and consolidated on M5 and I went long as per Hypo 2
- E TPO hit 1.2R target
- Price consolidated a bit and traded higher. Trade would’ve hit 3.5R.
Gold — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- Price extended above IB during D TPO and on a pullback to IB high I went long as per Hypo 2
- Regretted the trade as price is trading right into the round number of 2000 as well as there was no close.
- Waited for D TPO to close above IB but when it closed within I decided to take the trade off for ‑0.2R
- Price traded higher hitting 0.5R and G TPO saw the expected sell off. Although I was cooking and missed the reversal.
Did I take advantage of any opportunities?
- Yes, as per Hypo 2
- I did but then took the trade off.
- Then missed the reversal opportunity.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: