23 Mar How did I trade today? 20220323
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Trading rules
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No early exits, either hit SL or target
1–3 (3 being good)
3 Pre-market routines
3 Session PECS
1 Clarity — in tune with price
DAX — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- C and closed below IBR
- During D M15 closed as a Bull Engulf technically failing the auction so I went long
- After seeing Gold accepting value I cut the trade for 0.4R
Gold — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- C extended and closed above IB but as an inverted hammer, possible continuation
- Tried going long even though price was near VAL and there was no acceptance (yet). Price was trading at the bottom of the range with an uptrend 2/3 I think it was okay. Sadly FX synergy messed up so I let the trade.
- When M15 closed within value I considered another long but due to being too close to D1 supply (even though D1 is consolidating I decided to let the trade go fearing too little profit margin.
Did I take advantage of any opportunities?
- I took a quick trade on DAX but when I saw the narrative unfolding on Gold I decided to take the trade off early. Which was the right call. Although an even better call would’ve been not to take that trade at all and focus on the short side as Gold was directionally long.
- D1 demand was in the way although deep within value as well as being high in the distribution curve. Price closed deeper into value and there was no re-test of VAH from the inside for a VAA setup.
- I tried going long but couldn’t get filled. I have since cleared the error in my trading software so hopefully it won’t happen again.
Things I did well:
- Staying focused and objective
Things I need to keep working on:
- Keep staying focused and unbiased. Let the price and profile guide your decision-making. I will review this tomorrow.
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: