20 Apr How did I trade today? 20220420
#fintwit #orderflow #daytrading #dailyreportcard #tradinglifestyle #daytraderlife #tradingforex #tradingcommodities #NEXT
A small summary of how I did during the session. Things I did well. Things I need to keep working on. Trade Reviews are part of my post-mortem but usually I post those the next day.
My weekly goals:
- Trading rules
- Use SL scaling in case the profit target for the setup doesn’t provide 2R for example for FA or VAA setups
- No early exits, either hit SL or target
1–3 (3 being good)
1 Pre-market routines
2 Session PECS
1 Clarity — in tune with price
DAX — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- Some consolidation within IBR
- Extension in E TPO, which normally does not warrant a sustained auction. Although due to the D1 RBR narrative coming from D1 QLo rejection there could be a continuation and I went long
Gold — What Market Narrative Played Out? (Keep it short!)
- Price extended below IB but closed slightly within IBR
- Expected a continuation and went short
- Price reversed and D TPO closed as a Bull Engulf taking out my SL prior to close. Down ‑1R
- Reversed the trade and went long.
Did I take advantage of any opportunities?
- Long as per Hypo 3
- Although did not wait for a late-sustained auction and just went in on a break of IB due to the larger time frame narrative
- Trade hit 1.2R
- Gold extended below IB during C TPO and closed slightly within, I went short as per Hypo 1
- This was wrong and the trade quickly reversed and hit my stop ‑1R
- When D TPO closed as a Bull Engulf I went long and took a 0.7R profit when the trade moved higher. I grasshoppered out of the trade as the trade hit 1.7R eventually. I did so due to the Neutral Day implication. Will review tomorrow.
Things I did well:
- I sized up my account so I think some gremlins are starting to pop up again. Having said that I did well to try a trade. Wrong or not. And stick with it. It’s the process that counts. Not the monetary value. Focus on clean trades. The rest will follow.
- Reversing the trade on Gold
Things I need to keep working on:
- Gold did not close below IB and thus was not according to plan and I shouldn’t have gotten short. Will review tomorrow.
- Forgot to take a screenshot of 2nd trade on Gold
For my trade plan(s) on this particular day, go here: